UNMANNED SURFACE / UNDERWATER VESSEL TRIALS – CAWSAND BAY
- This notice is for information from the Queen’s Harbour Master Plymouth pursuant to the Dockyard Port of Plymouth Order 1999.
- During the period 1 September – 2 September 2020 trials will be carried out of an Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV) and an Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV), these trials will be conducted within the Dockyard Port of Plymouth in Cawsand Bay. Both vessesl will be towed to the trial area and escorted at all times by a support vessels “Echo Explorer” and “Sound Surveyor”.
- The USV/UUV and support vessel will operate as required by the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea and will monitor VHF Channel 14 throughout.
- Mariners are requested to pass at a safe distance and to minimise wash.
- Cancel this PLNTM 03 September 2020.