PLYMOUTH SOUND – DIRECTION
THE CHESTNUT APPEAL DRAKE’S ISLAND SWIM– SUNDAY 6THSEPTEMBER 2020
- This is a direction by the Queen’s Harbour Master Plymouth pursuant to the Dockyard Port of Plymouth Order 1999.
- The Chestnut Appeal Drake’s Island Swim will be held in Plymouth Sound on Sun 6 Sep 20 starting at Firestone Bay at 0815.Up to 80 swimmer and escorting safety craft will be on the water. Participants are expected to be clear of the water by 1030.
3. This PLNTM gives information of timings and the course and directs mariners accordingly.
4. Course. Swimmers will enter the water from the shore at Firestone Bay at 0815, swim to a laid marker buoy north of Drake’s Island and return to Firestone Bay. Swimmers will be escorted by safety craft throughout.
5. Only authorised craft are permitted within the group of swimmers.
6. The event is being co-ordinated by the Chestnut Appeal. Safety management is being coordinated by “Water Event Safety” whose personnel will be in attendance in safety craft throughout the event.
- Mariners are to keep clear of the swimmers and are at all times to navigate with caution and at slow speed when in the vicinity of persons in the water. Small vessels transiting from the Hamoaze to Plymouth Sound, or vice versa, are advised to route through The Bridge channel and to the south of Drake’s Island in order to keep well clear of the swimmers.
8. Cancel this PLNTM 7 Sep 20.