PLYMOUTH LOCAL NOTICE TO MARINERS 59/20
PLYMOUTH SOUND – DIRECTION
THE CHESTNUT APPEAL BREAKWATER SWIM – SUNDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2020
1. This is a direction by the Queen’s Harbour Master Plymouth pursuant to the Dockyard Port of Plymouth Order 1999.
2. The Chestnut Appeal Breakwater Swim will be held in Plymouth Sound on Sun 27 Sep 20 starting at the Breakwater at 0830. Up to 200 swimmers and escorting safety craft will be on the water.
3. The Water Events Diary 2020 gave early notice of the Chestnut Appeal Event. This PLNTM gives information of timings and the course and directs mariners accordingly.
4. Course. Swimmers will enter the water from support boats in the vicinity of the Eastern end of the Breakwater, they will then swim to Plymouth Hoe. Swimmers will be escorted by safety craft throughout. Safety craft will display a blue flag.
5. Only authorised craft are permitted within the group of swimmers.
6. The event is being co-ordinated by the Chestnut Appeal. Safety management is being coordinated by Water Event Safety whose personnel will be in attendance in safety craft throughout the event.
7. Mariners are to keep clear of the swimmers and are at all times to navigate with caution and at slow speed when in the vicinity of persons in the water.
8. Cancel this PLNTM 28 Sep 20.
24 Sep 20
Commander Royal Navy
Queen’s Harbour Master Plymouth