PLYMOUTH LOCAL NOTICE TO MARINERS 073/20
UNMANNED SURFACE VESSEL TRIALS – CAWSAND BAY
- This notice is for information from the Queen’s Harbour Master Plymouth pursuant to the Dockyard Port of Plymouth Order 2020.
- On the 11 December 2020 a trial will be carried out of an Unmanned Surface Vessels (USV), this trial will be conducted within the Dockyard Port of Plymouth at Cawsand Bay. The vessels will be under tow to the trial area and escorted at all times by support vessels “Neptune” and “Nimrod”.
- The USV and support vessel will operate as required by the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea and will monitor VHF Channel 14 throughout.
- Mariners are requested to pass at a safe distance and to minimise wash.
- Cancel this PLNTM 11 December 2020.