PLYMNAVWARN 048-20 SELF CANCELLING
- ECHO BUOY IS NOW LIT
- MARINERS ARE ADVISED ACCORDINGLY
- CANCEL PLYMNAVWARN 047/20
- PLYMNAVWARNS IN FORCE 001-004, 022, 028, 039, 046 & 048/20
UNMANNED SURFACE VESSEL OPERATIONS
SCIENTIFIC DEPLOYMENT – PLYMOUTH SOUND
UNMANNED SURFACE VESSEL TRIALS – CAWSAND BAY
AUTONOMOUS VESSEL OPERATIONS
AUTONOMOUS VESSEL TRIALS – CAWSAND BAY
1. This notice is for information from the Queen’s Harbour Master Plymouth pursuant to the Dockyard Port of Plymouth Order 1999.
2. During the period 16 July – 17 July 2020 trials will be carried out of an Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV), these trials will be conducted within the Dockyard Port of Plymouth in Cawsand Bay. The USV will be escorted at all timesby a support vessel callsign ‘Echo Explorer”.
3. The USV and support vessel will display appropriate lights and shapes as required by the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea and will monitor VHF Channel 14 throughout.
4. Mariners are requested to pass at a safe distance and to minimise wash. 5. Cancel this PLNTM 18 July 2020.
PLYMNAVWARN 046/20 (PLYMOUTH SOUND – CROWNHILL BAY SWIMMING AREA)
1.THE SWIMMING AREAS IN THE SOUTHERN PART OF BOVISAND BAY AND THE WHOLE OF CROWNHILL BAY ARE NOT FULLY VISUALLY IDENTIFIED BY MARKER BUOYS.
2. THE AREA REMAINS A DESIGNATED SWIMMING AREA AS INDICATED ON ADMIRALTY CHARTS AND REPLICATED AT ANNEX A (ALSO AVAILABLE AT www.royalnavy.mod.uk/qhm/plymouth/local-notices).
3. WITHIN THESE AREAS VESSELS ARE NOT TO EXCEED 4 KNOTS AND ARE TO PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION GIVING WAY TO SWIMMERS.
4. MARINERS ARE ADVISED ACCORDINGLY.
5. PLYMNAVWARNS IN FORCE 001-004, 022, 028, 039 & 046/20.
PLYMOUTH LOCAL NOTICE TO MARINERS 043/20
UPGRADE TO VTS EQUIPMENT & PORT CONTROL STATIONS