DEFRA, via British Marine, have today published the following statement, announcing that all forms of boating (leisure and commercial) will be permitted from 4th July.
“British Marine is delighted to confirm that from the 4th July, all forms of boating, including skippered charter and passenger boat operations can recommence, subject to all relevant COVID-19 guidance being followed.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the Government’s priority has been, and remains, to save lives. Following the latest announcement by the Prime Minister on 23 June, which marked a significant further easing of the lockdown restrictions to come into effect on 4 July, the Government has decided to withdraw the guidance on ‘Using a boat inland and on the coast’ from 4 July.
Latest Government guidance on COVID-19 can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Individuals and boating operators are responsible for conducting a risk assessment drawing on the relevant sources of Government guidance on COVID-19. In particular operators and individuals should consider:
• Working Safely during coronavirus
• Staying alert and safe (social distancing) after 4 July
• Meeting People Outside Your House
• Staying Safe Outside Your Home
• Safer transport guidance for operators
• Safer travel guidance for passengers
• Phased return of outdoor sport and recreation